Saturday 16 August 2014

Burberry Velvet Foundation Review

So I have decided to make a review about the most recent purchase I've made, being Burberry Velvet Foundation in shade Trench No.203. This foundation is inspired by the iconic Burberry trench coats!

First of all the price is quite high on Burberry website, £35! I got lucky and found a bargain at Tkmaxx for £17.99, so I thought I will give it a try, as the description of the foundation fit what I look for! It's supposed to be long wearing and provide good coverage! 



I do take my hat off to Burberry for the design of the foundation bottle! I love it! The stylish long, rectangular lid with classic pattern of Burberry makes me want to keep it as a centre piece on my make-up desk!

(Source: http://assets.burberry.com/is/image/Burberryltd/63a4041ab133871fee0ab8bfc639c19302ebc9ee?$prod_zoom$)

In my picture you can't see the pattern, so I thought I will include a picture from the website to give a better idea, why I'm raving on about the design!

So about the actual foundation, it does feel quite nice on the face, it isn't thick, which long lasting foundations usually are, so that's definitely a plus. I'd like to mention that I use a MUA F2 Stippling Brush to apply the foundation, so partly that's why it doesn't feel too heavy on my face! Also I have found coverage to be exactly what's said on the bottle, covered my imperfections well (I have lots of those!). However I can't help but wonder, would I ever pay £35 for it?! And my answer is, probably not! I normally use Revlon Colourstay which only costs £12.49, sometimes with offers, even cheaper! Revlon Colourstay is a little heavier on your face, but using a stippling brush the difference between Burberry and Revlon isn't that obvious and it certainly doesn't bother me! So in my opinion Burberry isn't worth the money, there are plenty of cheaper options that do an amazing job! 


So this is me after using the foundation, covered everything, but admittedly I have used many other products to achieve this look (I was trying to create a somewhat similar look to Kim Kardashian). I will be posting the other products that I have used to achieve this look later on.

All in all, I really can't make-up my mind with this foundation, I'm certainly not going to buy it for £35, but admittedly my financial situation isn't in a good place. Would I buy it if I had more money? Probably, but it would be because I'm a sucker for designer names and stylish bottles! Foundation wise, Revlon does just as good of a job as this!

Lots of love, Sant Lucijaa!
xoxo





P.S. If your are interested in MUA F2 Stippling Brush, it is available in my ebay shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment