Tuesday 9 September 2014

Kim Kardashian Smokey Eye Look Tutorial (Toned down look)

So I have been asked to show how to do a smokey eye.. I would like to point out, that I am not the biggest fan of it, as I feel it doesn't suit my face shape! Also I feel most smokey eyes are too dark and way over the top, so I tried to create a toned down look!

I also wanted to moan about my instagram crashing! I wanted to do a short video of showing exactly how the look is achieved, but halfway through instagram decided to crash and I gave up! Nonetheless I've got a video of the finished look at the end of the post!

 I have looked through some tutorials such as this one by MakeupbyEvon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYy8ymsCbjI

Definitely helped, but I didn't quite follow it! This is because I wanted to do it with minimum amount of makeup products. So these are all the products that I have used on my eyes:


And these are:

- Ardell Eyelashes (No: 120)
- MUA Eyeshadow Palette (Shade: Undressed)
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner (Shade: Black)
- Eyeshadow Brush (Brand Unknown)

So using these products I have achieved this look:



I have followed this diagram:


(Source: http://community.sephora.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/20121i8E90DD3B090D80C9?v=mpbl-1)


(Source: http://www.riverisland.com/women/jewellery/necklaces/Light-pink-gem-stone-statement-necklace-657600)

However since I didn't have eye primer, I have used shade Naked (all the shades are from MUA Eyeshadow Palette Undressed) to cover the whole of my eyelid, as that acts a bit like a primer by not letting eyeshadow move to the crease of the eye. Then as shown in the diagram for areas named 1 I used shade Shy, area 2 shade Fiery and area 3 shade Obsessed. I used the same brush, but cleaned it on the palm of my hand before putting different colour on it. The downfall of this look is that I haven't got a blending brush, and this is essential to achieve this look! I am going to make sure I order it and do another look when it arrives! A little tip for when you are applying all the different colours, errors may occur and I found that even with a flat eyeshadow brush you can use shade Naked to blend and even everything out!

Anyway afterwards I had applied my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner on the on my eyelash line (top and bottom) as well as on my waterline!

Here is a video of the look:



(To view thin on youtube this is the link click here)

(It's processing at the moment, should be up shortly!)

And there are some more pictures(I just came out the shower when I've done this look, so thats why I have a towel on my head):







Hope you have liked the look!

Lots of love,
Sant Lucijaa!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment